As human beings, everyone has the right to make his or her “mark”- one no one else could make. We all need to make this mark because each creative mark reaffirms the self: It says, “I am here”; “ I have something to express.”
- Using the concepts of Expressive Therapy I combine traditional verbal processing and the intentional use of creative arts to promote healing and well-being those with physical and emotional issues
- Combining art, music, writing and dance training with my academic experience and clinical training in psychology I create simple structures and a holistic healing process that furthers the emotional, physical and spiritual integration of the individual and/or group.
- I provide a creative lens on the healing process for people on a healing journey with cancer and other major illnesses.
- I help individuals and families with end of life issues… To have a “good death.”
- Through the arts and the individual’s act of creation, I help the individual engage the emotions, free the spirit, and help in experiencing and discover the symbols for growth, which help us through change, conflict and transition.
- I will assist you to push against your limits, be inventive, break down boundaries and reject accepted assumptions and offer you chance to recognize the limitations of your way of looking at the world. Creativity is the ability to bring something new and different into existence: it may be combining something in a new way, or revealing something previously hidden.
May we creatively approach both life and death with, spontaneity, adaptability, flexibility, wonder and imagination., if not excitement and independence.. These elements of creativity may be keys to a successful life and a good death.
By engaging in creative, aesthetic experiences the individual has the opportunity to integrate mind and body; sensation, emotion, image and thought. This type of experience offers an enriched physical and emotional way of being in the present moment.